Monday 14 April 2014

Spiritual experiences abound!

TRANSFER CALLS!!!! I'm staying in Moose Jaw with Sister Fellows! Everyone is staying too except Elder Frenkel is leaving to go to Winnipeg! Transfers are next week so we will get our new Elder then! I'm so happy to be staying! I love Moose Jaw! And I'm so so happy to be with Sister Fellows again! We have truly become great friends! She's so great!!

This week was full of miracles! We had a lesson with an investigator and asked if we could have a kneeling prayer to close the lesson. She declined because she has bad knees. So me and Sister Fellows knelt while she sat on the couch. But while we were praying, the spirit was so strong! And i peeked at her because I heard something and she got down and knelt with her. It was so simple but so powerful.

Another Miracle was with another investigator! We had a lesson with her last night and for training purposes, i had to lead the lesson. It was on prayer and the Holy Ghost. She truly loves God and has a lot of faith. But prayer has been a struggle. Whenever we invite her to say the prayer she says no. She has a lot of fear with being vulnerable and opening her heart like that. But this time i just knew she had to do it. She needed to. I felt it. So when we finished the lesson I asked her to close with a prayer. She said no. But we let the silence take over and let the spirit build. She started to cry. She was so scared. Part of me wanted to save her from the challenge and say the prayer. But I couldn't. I knew the lord needed her to do this. We sat on both sides of her and Sister Fellows held her hand. It took a while. But finally.. she did it. She prayed. She opened her heart. It was so amazing. I am so blessed and honoured to have this calling and be set apart for this great work. I saw something change in her that night. Sister Fellows did too. I am so happy for her. What an amazing woman she is!

I know I keep saying the members are the best here.. but it's just so true!! We had the Wolfs for dinner the other day and it was so much fun! They are so goofy and great! We sang frozen songs (Brother Wolfs played the piano and guitar for it haha) and one of their daughters played the violin for us! The music and spirit filled their home. It was so fun. Brother Wolfs later told us how grateful he is for the example we are on their children. He said he can only hope they turn out like us. We then made a few jokes because clearly we have our imperfections haha but wow. It really hit me again that night. I'm a missionary. I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I have always loved having the missionaries over for dinner and lessons and looked up to them so much. and now.. that's me! I get to be that example! Oh how blessed I truly am! I'm a missionary!! I love it!!

This week has been another great one! filled with fun, laughter, hard work, and many spiritual moments! Being a missionary is the best! Each day I learn so much and can feel myself change and grow! This Friday we have a missionary conference in Regina! Elder Christofferson is coming to speak to us! I'm SO excited! The ENTIRE mission is gathering for this conference!! That NEVER happens because our boundaries are so huge! I get to see Sister Fihaki and Brimhall!! I can't wait!! I love being a missionary!!!! I'm feeling very happy and very blessed! Love you all!!!


Love

Sister Heinzlmeir




We have been meeting with a lot of less-actives and this lady is one of them! she was feeling down and stressed about a lot of things and was upset that her flowers weren't growing yet.. so we planted some fake flowers for her haha i hope she liked them!!! 




My first district!! 




we gave this to an investigator who is dealing with some struggles. i love quotes! we put it up in our apartment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment