Monday 27 October 2014

How Marvelous! lol

This week was crazy haha we were SO busy! which is a very good thing haha. One of the most exciting things that happened this week was our exchanges in Kenora! I love being a sister training leader! Exchanges are so fun! Kenora is about 2 1/2 hours away. It's in Ontario (so I've officially been in every province in our mission!). The drive down was so much fun! It's not every day.. or ever that you get to have a road trip on your mission! haha so it was fun. Lots of snacks and rocking to Mormon mission approved music haha. We got to Kenora late Wednesday, had our exchange on Thursday and drove back Friday morning. I went with Sister Haner and Sister Davis went with Sister Porter. I love Sister Haner so much. The first exchange me and Sister Davis had as sister training leaders was good but it definitely could have been better. We are both new at this and so it's a little bit of a trial and error haha so leading up to the exchange in Kenora I was very nervous. I wanted it to be amazing like ones I've had with my past sister training leaders! So I spent a lot of time preparing and praying for miracles to happen on the exchange and wow did God ever answer my prayers!! Right away in the morning sister Haner said she could feel the spirit and knew I had spent my time preparing for this day. It meant so much to me that she could feel that! Then the day went on and we had a lesson with one of their investigators preparing for baptism. They were all fasting for him to receive confirmation that Joseph smith was a prophet. It was the only thing holding him back. At the beginning of the lesson he seemed still in doubt and unsure but as we read from the book of Mormon and testified, it just clicked. instantly! I've never seen such a transformation on my mission before! Literally in the middle of the lesson, the light bulb went on and everything went together. He was in awe. He explained how he was so tingly and happy with such a warm feeling overpowering him. The holy ghost! He was so happy and full of such joy! He knew! It was a miracle I'm thankful to have witnessed! It was absolutely amazing.


The other really exciting thing that happened was a new investigator we found! We were walking to our apartment and stopped to talk to her as she passed us on the street. We asked if she would be interested in our message and she said yes! we went over a couple days later! It catches me off guard every time that happens haha I'm like.. wait what?.. you said yes?! YAY!! hahaha so we went over and the spirit was so strong as we taught her the restoration. She said she felt something in her chest but couldn't describe it. We informed her that it was the Holy Ghost testifying of the truth. She said she was excited to learn more and accepted our invitation to be baptized! YAY! How amazing! We have been praying so much for prepared people to teach and ta-da! Her name is Tamara and we found her! I love being a missionary! It is the hardest and best thing I've ever done. The blessings of serving the Lord is so rewarding. I know the church is true and I know that this is the time to hasten the work! how marvelous!


Love,
Sister Heinzlmeir
 Kenora













 Her favourite building in Winnipeg





Elders playing with her camera

No comments:

Post a Comment